Wednesday, March 31, 2010

a little shop sign

hello, i started doing embroidery again!
ive been thinking about how i can use these cute beads into embroidery piece, but the idea doesnt hit me yet, so while i wait for it, i made a little shop sign.



i had bought many threads for the project ( 60% off on yahoo auction japan), i hate not having materials when idea come up and ready to start work on it, so i tend to stock up materials in my hands. ( i think it comes from my mom, she stock up lots of craft materials, like she can open a shop)

i was looking for a case to store these threads, and i found this!
its a perfect size and cute little shelf!
it was a little pricey ($150) but worth it!


3 comments:

mariko said...

So cute! I love the little squirrel on the box, too.

Mira said...

Very beautiful embroidery! But the stitch looks a bit stranger to me, i really can't figure out how you do it. May I ask for a little tutorial? :)

Yuko said...

Hi Mariko,
Thank you!
yes, the squirrel adds the cuteness!

Hi Mira,
Thank you for stopping by my blog!
this piece is all done by french knots. just fill the design with it.
i love the texture of it!